There are so many people complained in the hearing of the Lord about their misfortunes. But they don’t thank God for the wonderful gift that is their existence, and their loved ones, relatives, and their friends whom they can hug tight to share their happiness and sorrows, hold them.. We should be thankful that we have every thing we need… we have eyes to see the world, arms to wrap our friends and loved ones…we have legs to dance….
But imagine if we don’t have legs or arms..to rejoice these extremely good feelings?? How this will effect the entire life???
NICK VUJICIC… A True source of inspiration
Once in awhile, you come across a notable hero, who against all odds, turns life around and conquers adversity through sheer attitude, fortitude, faith and purpose. One such hero is NICK VUJICIC , pronounced ‘Vooy-cheech’. Born in Brisbane, Australia, who is making inroads in helping to encourage and uplift others in their daily living. The power of being thankful in spite of his extreme disability and go on to enjoy life and be a light to other people is humbling.
Nick has a huge heart, big on God and big on purpose – his heart makes up for his disabilities and is a force in making a difference in the world around him.
Here are a few facts about Nick, which is on his website:
– Nick was born on December 4, 1982 to Serbian parents and raised in Melbourne, Australia. He was born with no limbs, the absence of arms and legs. His parents loved and guided him, doing their very best to keep him in the mainstream school system and gave him every opportunity to live to the fullest along with a brother and sister who are his best friends.
– His early years were of ups and downs with his disabilities until he realized that he needed to be more thankful for his abilities and less focused on his disabilities.
– At fifteen years of age, he sealed his faith in God and from there, has had an amazing journey. He graduated from Giffith University at the age of 21 with a double major in accounting and financial planning. He has since become an international evangelist and motivational speaker, addressing over three million people in 44 countries, having spoken over 2000 times.
– He has appeared on television shows, written three books…. Life Without Limbs: Inspiration for a Ridiculously Good Life …. Unstoppable: The Incredible Power of Faith in Action…. and Limitless: Devotions for a Ridiculously Good Life. He has just launched his new book for children entitled “Give Me a Hug”. Nick also has made several motivational DVDs and starred in the short film The Butterfly Circus, which won awards in 2009 and 2010.
– He currently lives in Los Angeles, California and was married on February 12, 2012 and their son was born on February 13, 2013. He and his wife share the vision of seeing people’s lives changed for the better or touched in some way through Nick’s story.
A few comments from Nick:
“Whoever you are, wherever you’re from and whatever you are dealing with, I hope that you will be inspired by my story and my message. Please enjoy browsing around this website (attitudeisaltitude.com) where I share with you my thoughts on faith, hope and love to encourage you and to help you overcome your own challenge.
Dream big my friend and never give up.
We all make mistakes, but none of us are mistakes.
Take one day at a time.
Embrace the positive attitudes, perspectives, principles and truths I share, and you too will overcome.”